The Tennessean ranks the top 10 teams in Middle Tennessee high school football:
1. Ensworth (2-0): D’Andre Ferby has rushed for 298 yards and six TDs in Tigers’ opening two victories.
2. Oakland (2-0): Patriots force seven turnovers, score pair of defensive touchdowns in back-to-back wins.
3. Brentwood Acad. (2-0): Offensive onslaught (40.5 points per game) continues for Eagles.
4. Henry Co. (2-0): Road win over reigning state champion Beech puts Patriots in Class 5A championship crosshairs.
5. Independence (2-0): Tennessee commitment Vic Wharton III has seven TDs (four receiving, two rushing, one returning).
6. Mt. Juliet (2-0): Consistency eludes Golden Bears through opening two games, but offense posts 65 points.
7. Blackman (2-0): Physical ground game is allowing Blaze to establish themselves as No. 2 team in 7-AAA.
8. MBA (2-0): 55-6 Week 1 win vs. Hamilton marks fourth 50-point effort in last 13 games for Big Red.
9. Beech (1-1): Injuries hamper Buccaneers as defending 5A champs see 16-game win streak stopped.
10. Giles Co. (2-0): Bobcats and new coach face visit from Class 3A power CPA in District 12-AA opener.