The Tennessean released its Midstate Top 10 for week two:
1. Ensworth (2-0): Following off week, Tigers look to extend win streak to 24 vs. visiting Pope John Paul II
2. Oakland (3-0): 21-point fourth-quarter flurry vs. Siegel keeps District 7-AAA power unbeaten as Arlington looms.
3. Henry Co. (3-0): Patriots come off third straight 40-point outing, prepare for 5A clash with Ridgeway.
4. Independence (3-0): Eagles warm up for game with Beech with decisive 11-AAA win over Summit.
5. Blackman (3-0): Blaze continue running game dominance with shutout of Riverdale, will travel to Mt. Juliet.
6. MBA (3-0): Big Red keeps up offensive momentum, averaging 35.6 points heading into Thursday game against Pearl-Cohn.
7. Brentwood Acad. (2-1): Coming off first loss to Father Ryan since ’09, Eagles to visit Ohio power St. Xavier.
8. Beech (2-1): Buccaneers bounce back from Week 1 loss to slip past Gallatin, head to No. 4 Independence.
9. CPA (3-0): Class 3A power picks up stunning win at Giles County, eyes 17th straight regular-season victory vs. Maplewood.
10. Station Camp (1-1): Bison stampede to 9-AAA rout of Mt. Juliet, look for third win against Antioch in four games.